Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So…Flying Biscuit…lets talk…


Ok so Im guilty here. I went through a whirlwind move from my beloved Atlanta to Raleigh and obviously took an eye off of the news feeds. I totally missed the whole "Flying Biscuit sold to douchie franchise pimping inc." storyline...My bad. So when I ran in to the Raleigh edition in Cameron Village I was overcome with mediocre joy! (I must admit I was not in love with the original...but it had its place). But here was some of home! I'm a breakfast guy. I think its completely underrated. So this killed two birds for me. Because Ed's and Finch's were simply not getting it done for me....oh...and if anyone cares...they still aren't.
So here I am...ignorantly walking into Flying Biscuit expecting the charmingly sunny bohemian flower grove of a cafe that it was for most in Atlanta, and I get the shit slapped out of me by the grim croakies wearing truth. This place was a fucking TGI Fridays. Its not your fault Raleigh...its really not. But do not be fooled. There is nothing charming, bohemian, or even remotely likable about what the "douchie franchise pimping inc." company has done with the soul of this place. Flying Biscuit was opened by Delia Champion in The Candler Park neighborhood of Atlanta in 1993 with the help of indigo girl Emily Saliers. It was vegetarian friendly, it was healthy comfort food, it was the best grits in town, and it was fun. I'm not knocking Delia...take the money and run baby! But this franchised nightmare of mass consumer middle class douchbaggery....is disgusting. Now on to the food. Biscuits are wrong and bad, grits are wrong and bad, my eggs were less than over easy...I think I would describe them as Over gently for just a sec. And that's all I'm saying. You don't deserve more detail. Go fuck yourself. FB you will serve as a memory for me. Even if I happen past your original Atlanta front again. You have sold your soul...and Raleigh appears not to mind at all...but they don't know...and that's ok. From the looks of the crowd in there...Outback was for dinner anyway.

NO STARS This place dosent deserve a rating.
The Flying Biscuit Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment